Thursday, December 23, 2010

Football for the Holidays: NFL Week 16 Predictions

There isn't much that's better than the combination of Christmas and football Sunday on back to back days. Here are my Week 16 picks. Remember, picks this year are made against the spread and I'll be using the spread values that ESPN uses in their Pigskin Pick'em game.

Record Last Week: 8-8, .500
Overall Record: 115-109, .513

Thursday Night Game:

Panthers (2-12) @ Steelers (10-4, -13.5)
Nice win last week by the Panthers but the last thing they want to do is play themselves out of the number one pick. My pick: Steelers

Saturday Night Game:

Cowboys (5-9) @ Cardinals (4-10, +6.5)
What a terrible Christmas Day game. Unless the Cowboys are losing this one, I don't plan on watching for even a minute. My pick: Cowboys

Sunday Day Games:

Patriots (12-2) @ Bills (4-10, +8.5)
The line should be much, much higher. Expect the Patriots to make up for their close win last week with a blowout in Buffalo. My pick: Patriots

Jets (10-4) @ Bears (10-4, -1.5)
My initial hunch is to go with the Bears to win but there is so much more on the line for the Jets, who still need to win to get in the playoffs. My pick: Jets

Ravens (10-4) @ Browns (5-9, +3.5)
The Ravens will know how the Steelers fared on Thursday Night before the game but I expect them to walk all over the Browns no matter what. My pick: Ravens

Niners (5-9) @ Rams (6-8, -2.5)
For sake of all that is good in the world, the Rams had better win this game and eliminate the terrible Niners. I don't think the world is ready for a 7-9 playoff team. My pick: Rams

Lions (4-10) @ Dolphins (7-7, -3.5)
Given how terrible they have been at home, I'm surprised the Dolphins are favored at all. My pick: Lions

Redskins (5-9) @ Jaguars (8-6, -6.5)
Shockingly, Rex Grossman gives the Skins a fighting chance in this one. I like Washington to keep it close but still lose. My pick: Redskins

Titans (8-6) @ Chiefs (9-5, -5.5)
The Chiefs still need one more win to eliminate the Chargers so look for them to take care of business at home. My pick: Chiefs

Colts (8-6) @ Raiders (7-7, +3.5)
As good as the Raiders have suddenly become I don't make it a habit to go against Peyton Manning, especially with so much on the line. My pick: Colts

Texans (5-9) @ Broncos (3-11, +2.5)
The Broncos have packed it in this season and are hoping for the highest draft pick possible. My pick: Texans

Chargers (8-6) @ Bengals (3-11, +7.5)
San Diego still has an outside shot at a playoff spot even if the Chiefs win so expect them to roll over the Bengals, who have lost the will to play. My pick: Chargers

Seahawks (6-8) @ Bucs (8-6, -6.5)
No Seattle quarterback means no chance. My pick: Bucs

Giants (9-5) @ Packers (8-6, -2.5)
I'm guessing that Aaron Rodgers will play but I'm also guessing that the Giants will bounce back in a big way after their embarrassing loss last week. My pick: Giants

Sunday Night Game:

Vikings (5-9) @ Eagles (10-4, -13.5)
As exciting as last week was, let's all hope for a really boring 30 point blowout this week. With the Vikings likely turning to Joe Webb, there is no way Minnesota can score enough points to keep up. My pick: Eagles

Monday Night Game:

Saints (10-4) @ Falcons (12-2, -2.5)
I like the Saints to get the NFL's attention and win this one outright. New Orleans is poised to make some noise in the playoffs. My pick: Saints

Those are my picks for Week 16 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

1 comment:

Sports Traveler said...

I would be great to take a Luxury Sports Holidays and see football live with your friends.