Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dominating: NFL Week 14 Predictions

After my best week of the season last week, let's get right to the Week 14 picks. Remember, picks this year are made against the spread and I'll be using the spread values that ESPN uses in their Pigskin Pick'em game.

Record Last Week: 12-4, .750
Overall Record: 102-90, .531

Thursday Night Game:

Colts (6-6) @ Titans (5-7, +2.5)
The Colts can't possibly lose a 4th straight game, can they? With the way Peyton Manning is handing out interceptions, perhaps they can (but they won't). My pick: Colts

Sunday Day Games:

Browns (5-7) @ Bills (2-1, -1.5)
What am I missing here? Why are the Bills favored? Since when have they had any home field advantage? My pick: Browns

Packers (8-4) @ Lions (2-10, +6.5)
The Packers have kicked things into another gear at just the right time. As long as they don't suffer another lull like they did in the beginning of the Niners game, they should roll over Detroit. My pick: Packers

Giants (8-4) @ Vikings (5-7, +2.5)
Does anyone actually think there is even a remote chance Brett Favre doesn't start this game? Whether he starts or not, the Giants should win this one fairy easily. My pick: Giants

Bengals (2-10) @ Steelers (9-3, -9.5)
While the Bengals are a crappy team, I think they will show up in this rivalry game and at least keep it close. When they squared off a few weeks back, Cincinnati "only" lost by 6. My pick: Bengals

Bucs (7-5) @ Redskins (5-7, +2.5)
Just how much has Washington given up at this point? I like Tampa to win by at least a field goal against the Deadskins. My pick: Bucs

Falcons (10-2) @ Panthers (1-11, +7.5)
Hmm, think there is a mismatch here? Possibly the best team in the league vs. definitely the worst team in the league. I know anything can happen in football but the Falcons have to win this one by more than 10. My pick: Falcons

Raiders (6-6) @ Jaguars (7-5, -4.5)
That's a pretty big spread for a Raiders team that dominated against the Chargers last week. My pick: Raiders

Seahawks (6-6) @ Niners (4-8, -4.5)
Really, Niners, you are going to turn back to Alex Smith now? This is the move that is going to save your job, Mike Singletary? My pick: Seahawks

Rams (6-6) @ Saints (9-3, -8.5)
With the way the Rams have been playing up to their competition, it wouldn't shock me if they won this one outright, so of course I will take the points. My pick: Rams

Patriots (10-2) @ Bears (9-3, +3.5)
The Bears winning streak finally comes to an end this week. My pick: Patriots

Dolphins (6-6) @ Jets (9-3, -6.5)
After how they looked on Monday Night, it's very tempting to pick against the Jets this week. I just can't trust the Dolphins, though, so I think the Jets have a nice bounce-back game this week. My pick: Jets

Broncos (3-9) @ Cardinals (3-9, +3.5)
Congratulations, new Denver coach, you get to win your first game! My pick: Broncos

Chiefs (8-4) @ Chargers (6-6, -6.5)
While the spread is awfully high, I think the Chargers have one last gasp in them before they relinquish the division title. I like them to win this high-scoring game by at least a touchdown. My pick: Chargers

Sunday Night Game:

Eagles (8-4) @ Cowboys (4-8, +3.5)
While the Cowboys may not be quite as crappy as we thought they were, they still have a terrible secondary and no clue how to stop Michael Vick. I think the Eagles exorcise their Cowboys demons in a big way in this one. My pick: Eagles

Monday Night Game:

Ravens (8-4) @ Texans (5-7, +3.5)
Even Joe Flacco should be able to dice up the Texans secondary. My pick: Ravens

Those are my picks for Week 14 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

No comments: