Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beatdown: NFL week 13 Predictions

Let's get right to the Week 13 picks. Remember, picks this year are made against the spread and I'll be using the spread values that ESPN uses in their Pigskin Pick'em game.

Record Last Week: 9-7, .563
Overall Record: 90-86, .511

Thursday Night Game:


Texans (5-6) @ Eagles (7-4, -8.5)
This line continues to climb up as people realize that one of the top passing offenses in the league is going against the terrible Texans secondary. It's a short week but the Eagles should take care of this one at home. My pick: Eagles

Sunday Day Games:

Saints (8-3) @ Bengals (2-9, +6.5)
Both teams have been off since Thanksgiving, so there is no advantage there; the Saints are simply the much better team. My pick: Saints

Bears (8-3) @ Lions (2-9, +3.5)
As they showed last week against the Eagles, the Bears are for real. The Lions, on the other hand, are starting Drew Stanton this week. My pick: Bears

Niners (4-7) @ Packers (7-4, -9.5)
Any hope the Niners had of keeping this one close went out the window when Frank Gore got injured. My pick: Packers

Jaguars (6-5) @ Titans (5-6, -3.5)
Given their quarterback situation, I'm not sure why the Titans are favored against anyone, let alone a Jaguars team that has been surprisingly resilient. My pick: Jaguars

Broncos (3-8) @ Chiefs (7-4, -8.5)
The Chiefs are ready to get their revenge after they got whipped by the Broncos in Week 10. My pick: Chiefs

Browns (4-7) @ Dolphins (6-5, -4.5)
Peyton Hillis is just a beast. The Dolphins have been nothing but mediocre this season and have the look of an 8-8 team. My pick: Browns

Bills (2-9) @ Vikings (4-7, -6.5)
With or without Adrian Peterson, I like the Vikings to continue to ride a more conservative offense to a big win over the Bills. My pick: Vikings

Redskins (5-6) @ Giants (7-4, -7.5)
You can stick a fork in the Redskins, they are done for the year. My pick: Giants

Raiders (5-6) @ Chargers (6-5, -12.5)
These are two teams going in completely opposite directions. Sure, that spread is a little high for a team that has just one more win than their opponent, but the Chargers are playing like an elite team right now. My pick: Chargers

Falcons (9-2) @ Bucs (7-4, +3.5)
Remember when the Bucs thought they were the best team in the NFC? Have fun getting whipped by the real best team in the NFC, Tampa. My pick: Falcons

Panthers (1-10) @ Seahawks (5-6, -5.5)
Who is watching this game? I guess the Seahawks are still in contention in the putrid NFC West but you couldn't pay me to watch this one. My pick: Seahawks

Rams (5-6) @ Cardinals (3-8, +3.5)
Anyone who watched the Cardinals on Monday Night knows to never pick them again this year. My pick: Rams

Cowboys (3-8) @ Colts (6-5, -5.5)
Peyton Manning does not lose two in a row. Oh, wait, he already did? Ok, then Peyton Manning does not lose three in a row. My pick: Colts

Sunday Night Game:

Steelers (8-3) @ Ravens (8-3, -3.5)
The first of two primetime AFC showdowns, this one promises to be a physical game. Normally, I would side with the home team in this matchup but I think the Steelers are going to keep this one close or win outright. My pick: Steelers

Monday Night Game:

Jets (9-2) @ Patriots (9-2, -3.5)
Only a team like the Patriots could trade a stud like Randy Moss and not miss a beat on offense. My pick: Patriots

Those are my picks for Week 13 of the NFL Season. Check back every Thursday during the season for the latest predictions. Feel free to discuss, argue or make your own picks in the comment section!

No comments: